Rules of playing Texas Hold'em Poker
1. The poker game of Texas Hold'em can be played with as many as 10 players or as few as two players at a single table.
2. The game starts with the two players seated on the left of the dealer placing an initial bet. The correct term for this is 'posting the blinds'. In Texas Hold'em poker, there are no antes (forced bets in which each player places an equal amount of money into the pot before the deal begins) but instead, 'blinds' as they are known are used.
3. The player seated on the left of the dealer posts a bet which is called the 'small blind', and this is usually equal to half of the minimum bet.
4. The person seated on the left of the small blind posts the 'big blind', and this is equal to the full minimum bet.
5. The dealer shuffles the full poker deck (52 playing cards)